Saturday, January 1, 2011

RESOLUTIONS, BABY.


It’s the first day of the New Year and I’m sitting next to my mom and writing this blog post. I figured that today would be a great day to write a blog post about perhaps one of the most clichéd topics that one can write about on new years.
That’s is- New Year’s resolutions.

I’m honestly not excited. I liked 2010 quiet a bit and I would’ve preferred it if it would’ve stayed. But life’s a bitch, we gotta follow the damn calender and habitually celebrate this day every year. So I did too, this year. I went over to a friend’s house and it was alright. What I really wanted to do was honestly, just stay at home and watch t.v. till I fell asleep or go to some place where the music was too loud for me to even hear my own thoughts and just dance. I’d like to do that today, just dance. But I’m not complaining.

My mom once told me that January first was not really the new year, new year for every one is the day they’re born, their birthdays. Interesting right? Maybe I’ll believe that and not try to kill myself on my birthday. I hate birthdays.

But that’s not the point. This post is about resolutions. I have decided to make five resolutions this year and not follow them. (its tradition. ☺ )
Resolution no. 1- Learn how to do a full split by the end of the year.
Resolution no. 2- Embrace your inner ninja-pirate.
Resolution no. 3- Get skinny?
Resolution no. 4 – Stop caring so much.
Resolution no. 5- Write my first novel by the end of the year.

This year, I’d actually like to follow the 4th and 5th one. And maybe the 2nd one because its just so damn awesome.
“I’m not young enough to know everything.”- Oscar Wilde.

3 comments:

  1. Well, I think the part about new years really being each birthday makes a lot of sense.
    But, sadly my birthday is in four days so I'm screwed.
    Your five resolutions sound awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like each birthday being more like new years makes a sense to me, too, so that people could make resolutions for each new year of their lives rather than just a new year in general. If that makes sense. But still, I think your resolutions sound good. #4 was one of mine last year and I actually think it worked out pretty well. Good luck, and here's to a great 2011. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol with the cartoon !
    the speech bubbles are cute :p


    glisters and blisters

    ReplyDelete

Found something